21 January 2011

Happy Birthday Abba!

Today is the second time I will share Abba’s birthday! All I know from last year is that Mama arranged a surprise party for Abba with his friends and his Belal uncle’s family…but I slept through most of it!

I know this year will be very different for Abba. It will be the first one after 44 years where he will not receive a call from Dadi to wish him Happy Birthday. Abba must be feeling very sad.

I have not mentioned my Dadi in my blog since we were in London because she passed away on 28 September 2010, two days after we last saw her in the hospital in London. I am going to miss her a lot. There will be no more photos I can take with her anymore or play with her as I grow up.

This is what Abba was like at my age…



It must be very strange to have a birthday without my Abba and Mama being there with me…I hope that they will be sharing all my birthdays with me for a long time.

In the meantime, I will give Abba a big birthday hug and a kiss …and have lots of his Mango Birthday cake at the Riverside Point branch of  Jumbo Seafood Restaurant tomorrow!

1 comment:

mini said...

Loving the old photos, keeps the memories alive. Happy Birthday M! Hope the mango cake was yum :)